The sampling device Gravikon VC25-2 is the successor of the well-known Gravikon VC25. It is a device for stationary sampling of the inhalable dust fraction (inhalable dust, formerly total dust) as well as the alveolar dust fraction (respirable dust, formerly fine dust) in the air of working areas with the possibility of subsequent analysis of the dust contents (e.g. metals or quartz).
By exchanging the sampling head, the sampling system can be flexibly used for total dust sampling (VC25 G) or fine dust sampling (VC25 F). The basic unit Gravikon VC25-2 is supplied with power via a power cable included in the scope of delivery. The controlled air flow is conveyed by an integrated high performance radial blower. For regulation, the air volume flow is measured by the pressure drop at an orifice plate measuring section with a temperature-compensated semiconductor. Due to the integrated pressure and temperature compensation, air pressure fluctuations due to different measuring heights and weather conditions are compensated as well as temperature differences occurring during sampling.The standard working range is 0°C to 45°C. Suitable filters must have a diameter of 150 mm.
For a very short sampling time of maximum 2 hours, it is technically possible to perform the sampling with the sampling device in the extended temperature range of -5°C to 50°C. This can lead to an overload of the device, so that in case of a damage of the device no warranty is taken over.
Design and function:
The basic Gravikon VC25 unit has been completely redesigned and its weight has been drastically reduced compared to its predecessor models and now weighs only 3.7 kg. The unit is operated via a membrane keyboard, the keys can be locked electronically to prevent unintentional adjustment. The sampling parameters are shown on a two-line LCD display. On the upper side of the device is the holder for the filter cassette and the sampling head with the inlet protection filter underneath.
Device description:The dust sampling system VC25-2 comprises the basic unit VC25-2 with power cable and the following optional accessories:
- Total dust collecting head for total dust sampling (inhalable dust)
- Fine dust collection head for fine dust sampling (respirable dust)
- Tripod for mounting the sampling system
- Filter cassette with sealing lid for transport
- G-cassette (yellow cover) for total dust measurement
- F-cassette (white cover) for fine dust measurement
- Transport case
- Nominal volume flow rate: constant 22.5 m³/h ± 5
- Filter diameter: 150 mm
- Operating voltage: 85-264 V, 50-60 Hz
- Temperature range: 0 - 45 °C
- running time display: hh:mm
- Weight basic unit: approx. 3,7 kg
- Dimensions basic device (WxDxH): approx. 180 x 250 x 305 mm
- Protection class II
Special features VC25-2:
- High, controlled volumetric flow (22.5 m³/h)
- Simple operation via foil keyboard, large LCD display
- Running time programmable
- Automatic switch-off, if collection time is reached or flow rate cannot be maintained due to excessive flow resistance
Scope of delivery:
- Gravikon VC25-2 sampling device (without accessories!)
- Quick Start Guide and operating instructions (German/English)